Discover how Low Stress Handling™ can dramatically lower stress in the dogs under your care!
Whether you’re a veterinarian, veterinary technician, trainer, groomer, or pet owner, every interaction you have with a dog affects them. With your movements, touch, and tone of voice, you can confuse them … or you can direct and guide them clearly. You can increase their uncertainty and fear … or you can increase their confidence in you. In these two fascinating hands-on labs, Dr. Sophia Yin – veterinarian, animal behaviorist, and author – teaches you to handle, move, and restrain dogs of all sizes and personalities using the techniques of Low Stress Handling™. Step by step, Dr. Yin demonstrates how to give confident, clear direction and guidance with every interaction, resulting in dogs that trust you rather than fight you.
- Lab 1: Essential Exercises for Moving Dogs from Place to Place
- Lab 2: Handling and Restraining Medium-sized & Large Dogs with Skill and Ease
Master Class Collection:
- Part 1: Handling, Moving, and Restraining Dogs in Stressful Environments (this DVD)
- A Workshop on Essential Exercises with Special Techniques for Medium and Large Dogs
- Part 2: Handling, Moving, and Restraining Small and Medium-sized Dogs with Skill and Ease
- Part 3: Desensitization & Counterconditioning: Teaching Dogs to Willingly Accept Medical Procedures
Praise for Handling, Moving, and Restraining Dogs in Stressful Environments:
[Low Stress Handling®] is a key component of our vet’s practice work ethos. The animals [are] generally much more relaxed, we have a very low injury rate … [it] benefits the owners as we can often achieve results without expensive sedation.
Julie Ryal Brewer, RVN
Best Use – Vet techs, DVM, Vet and Vet Tech students, Shelter staff, Rescue workers, & Dog owners
Veterinary Medical Professionals can earn CEs for this skill by taking our online course here.